Its annoying to get spam calls and SMS everyday. To breach your privacy and peace of mind, you’ll be flooded with unwanted phone calls from customer care, insurance and telemarketing companies.
Fortunately, you can activate DND on Airtel within few seconds. Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) will be supervising all telecom related issues. If you get spam calls or SMS 7 days after activating DND service then you complaint to TRAI.
Later in this article you’ll know how to complaint to TRAI and further check its status.
There are two ways by which you can activate or deactivate DND in Airtel.
- Through online by visiting Airtel site.
- By sending SMS code to stop spam calls.
How to Activate Do Not Disturb in Airtel (Online)?
Follow the instructions for instant activation of DND.
- Head over to this Airtel DND link
- Scroll down to find CLICK HERE link under Airtel Mobile Services
- Enter your Airtel number and click GET ONE TIME PASSWORD.
- You’ll get a 4 digit OTP, which you need to enter and click Validate.
- Select the listed categories that you’d like to block.
- Except transactional messages every promo calls and SMS will be blocked.
- You’ve another option where you can Block All, leaving only transactional and service oriented calls.
- Click Submit and DND preferences will be updated on your airtel mobile number.
How to Activate DND in Airtel by SMS?
This is second option through which you can activate do not disturb on your airtel number.
Before heading, check this preference and codes that you must use to SMS.
- BANKING/INSURANCE/FINANCIAL – 1
- REAL ESTATE – 2
- EDUCATION – 3
- HEALTH – 4
- CONSUMER & AUTOMOBILES – 5
- COMMUNICATION/ENTERTAINMENT – 6
- TOURSIM & LEISURE – 7
- STOP ALL – 0
Recheck the SMS code on airtel site and follow this instructions.
- SMS START 0 to 1909, this will activate DND on your number.
- It may take 7 days to block telemarketing calls.
Apart from this you can also call 1909 and follow IVR instructions to block unwanted promo calls.
Within few minutes or even seconds you’ll be out of these regular annoying calls.
I activated DND on my mobile and I get almost 0-1 spam calls. Sometimes spammers get your number and get through it.
Like wise, you can deactivate DND service on airtel through online shown above. Or you can just SMS STOP with reference code to deactivate DND.
Apart from this is there any other option to block unwanted spam calls? Yes, there are many android apps that can alert you about spam calls and disconnect the call instantly. Truecaller is one such useful app, that will block spam calls.
Fortunately, even TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) developed app to block DND SMS & Calls. Through this app you can register your complaint and its status if you get spam calls even after activating DND.
You can also report voice calls that seem spam to you using this app. Download the app here.