Are you looking for a government job in your state? If you’re interested to serve the people with your service and remove corruption from your locality, then its recommended to join the government job.
Unfortunately, reality is far from above lines.
So you want to become MRO (Mandal Revenue Officer) or tehsildar. Am sure most of you aren’t aware of responsibilities and requirements to become tehsildar.
Also Read: How to Become Journalist after 12th?
Who is MRO and What are His/her Responsibilities?
Mandal Revenue Officer is responsible for all activities in a specified mandal. He/she will be the decision maker or the one responsible to implements the decisions taken by the state government or district collector.
- MRO supervises works of Mandal Revenue Inspector, Village Assistants and other staff. Apart from this you’ll need to take necessary relief activities after floods, earth quakes or any other natural disastrous caused in your mandal premises.
- Tehsildar (MRO) needs to survey all the necessary things needed by farmers after floods and he/she need to submit detail report of the disaster and accordingly relief funds need to be distributed.
- Apart from this you’ll have power to issue income certificate, nativity certificate, family member certificate, ration card, pass book for agriculture land and certificates.
- MRO need to review and clear problems related to agricultural labour pension, physically handicapped pension and old age or widow pensions.
- Apart from this during pandemic, state government will give responsibilities to MRO to reduce the spread of disease and to improve health facilities of the people.
- and revenue and taxes are also handled by revenue officer who will be reporting to MRO.
- Other issues like bonded labour, ground water, rain gauges and irrigation related sources are also reviewed by MRO.
Apart from this other issues of specified jurisdiction are also reviewed by MRO.
How to Become MRO (Tehsildar)?
Eligibility for MRO
You need to have at-least 55-60 percent with any graduation degree from recognized University. Age limit may range from 18 years to 40 years.
However, SC/ST may expect some relaxation in age and percentage.
You’ll need to apply, when your state government releases (TSPSC or APPSC) group 2 notifications.
Mostly, you will have to apply through online by visiting official site and fill the details accordingly. Payment details and how to pay for the exam will be given in the notification released by authorities.
After applying to the notification, you’ll get acknowledgement letter and hall ticket will be issued after announcing the exam date.
You’ll need to qualify in the written examination and also appear for personal interview to get selected for MRO position.
Every state releases notification and you’ll need to check out if you’re interested to become MRO.
- Telangana check this official link for notification
- Karnataka check this official site
- Andhra Pradesh check this official site
- Tamil Nadu check this official site
- Kerala Check this official site
What is the Salary of MRO Mandal Revenue Officer?
It’s better to refer the official notification for salary details. Income of MRO may differ from state to state.
However, below listed is pay scale of MRO in 5 states.
Apart from this, state government may release perks and allowances accordingly.