TSRTC or Telangana State Road Transport Corporation is formed in the year 2014 after the formation of New Telangana State, which is earlier called Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. The new corporation has 97 depots within its control, and more than 1.5 crore people commuting through these buses day-to-day activities.
TSRTC is headed by Transport Minister of Telangana State, under the guidance of IAS Officer. TSRTC was formed after the bifurcation of the Andhra Pradesh State in 2014.
Telangana State Road Corporation has three zones within its purview;
- Hyderabad Rural
- Greater Hyderabad
These Zones handle the operations for the complete state by acting as headquarters to each depot coming under them.
The TSRTC has more than 12,000 buses that are operated and also they have private buses which are operated due to excessive demand.
TSRTC has many bus services which are based on the price and distance they run.
- Garuda Plus
Then we also have super luxury buses, Deluxe which are operated intra-state between the districts.
There also ordinary and metro buses which are aimed at Urban crowd commuting.
Also Read: Why Time Management is Important for Students?
TSRTC Bus Pass
The State Governments all over India, who operate buses under State Transport Department offers subsidies for the people who commute on a daily basis. The RTC offers Bus pass facilities to the people on monthly basis.
TSRTC Government also offers Bus passes to the commuters who travel daily. Let’s see some of these services offered.
Telangana Government issues different passes like:
- Metro Pass — 1100
- Ordinary Pass – 900
- Metro Deluxe pass – 1200
- Metro Luxury AC Pass
- Monthly Season ticket EXP
- Monthly Season ticket PLVG
- Pushpak AC Pass
- Airport Metro Express pass
Also Read: How to Activate or Deactivate DND in Airtel?
Student Monthly Pass:
Student bus passes are allotted to the students who are studying in the state and who commute on daily basis. This Bus pass is very less compared to the general pass, the government encourages students to study in any part of the city or state, so has introduced this scheme of nominal fees through above-mentioned bus pass.
The policy framed by the Andhra Pradesh State Government has started issuing the bus pass to the students below 12 years from 1984, setting the distance to be only 20km if in studying in the rural area and 22 km in the urban area.
For the students who are above 12 years and below 18 years. Let’s understand the student tariffs for them, the students are issued with a monthly and quarterly bus pass. The Government back in 2000 has allotted free travel for girl students below the age of 18, The students who were studying in the government and government- subsidized colleges are eligible to avail these services.
Let’s see some of the bus pass issued in general to the students who are studying in the colleges and universities and are above 18 years,
- Student General pass
- Student Greater Hyderabad Pass
- Student Special pass
- Employee children pass
- Student District Route pass
- Student City route pass
These are some of the student bus passes that are offered and the most popularly used and they are the Student General pass and the price of them are,
- SGBT Monthly: 130/-
- SGBT Quarterly: 390/-
Also Read: Leave Application for Fever
- The students who are undergoing regular education are only eligible.
- Students who are pursuing distance learning are not eligible for this scheme.
- The Maximum age limit is 35 years.
- The student bus pass can be collected at any of the centers or can be printed directly from the Website after approval.
How to Apply for Student Bus Pass?
- Application for all the students is accepted online only through the portal of TSRTC. No manual submission of the application.
- Photo that is uploaded should be less than 100kb and should be in a JPG format.
- Students should also submit the Conduct Certificate that is given by the college.
- Application should be filled in perfectly and then submitted.
- The Computer generates a registration number,
- Application once submitted can be verified by the educational institutions the students are studying and then the ID card is given only after verification.
The students can do the online payment via credit card, debit card, net banking, or even UPI Services.
How to Check the Status of the Bus Pass?
- Students who have applied can go through the website of TRSTC, in the website go to the Student service option.
- There they can check the status through the registration number given after successfully submitting the application and mobile number. The Registration number is crucial and should be noted.
Hence, you can check the details on the website.
Once the pass is approved, students can print the bus pass too, through the website.
Hence, the interested students and those who are eligible for such schemes can avail them based on the requirement. They can use any of the portals based on the state they are studying and can go through every detail and apply subsequently. These schemes are issued to increase the literacy rate and reduce the burden of transportation on economically weak students.