Many students who have just passed from 12th or in the final year are generally looking for an approach to become a software engineer as it is the most demanded vocation. Consistently a great number of students pick this vocation after twelfth.
Beauty of this career is that almost any stream student can work hard to become software engineer.
However, students with B Tech will have more opportunities than other students. This doesn’t mean, you can’t get a job in IT company without graduation in engineering college.
With proper career guidance and planning even commerce students without mathematics can get a job as software engineer.
I’m here to assist you with a trip in regards to your inquiry on the best way to become a software engineer after the 12th commerce, Science or Arts. After perusing out this article every one of your questions will be addressed.
How to Become a Software Engineer after 12th Commerce?
There is an opportunity to get a job as software engineer with 12th Commerce. However, you can’t do an immediate B Tech degree course as Science students.
Yet, you have a truly amazing chance to become a software engineer then there is a way you can follow.
First Way: Polytechnic + B.Tech
- After completing 12th, though can’t get direct admission into an engineering college, but you can join polytechnic college and opt for IT course. However, you’ve to sacrifice 2 years of intermediate. Only on 10th base you get admission into polytechnic college.
- To get admission into polytechnic college you’ve to appear for entrance exam conducted by board authorities.
- After completing 3 years of polytechnic course you can directly join B.Tech in 2nd year.
- Reputed engineering colleges conduct campus recruitment in 3rd or 4th year. If you’re scoring good percentage and shortlisted by any MNC company, then your dream of becoming software engineer will be fulfilled.
But, this way demands more time and money.
Must read: Why Do Indian Parents Force Engineering?
Second Way: Without B.tech
After completing 12th Commerce, you can appear for entrance exam to get admission into BCA, B.Sc IT or B.Com IT or Computers.
These courses have relevant software engineering subjects that can help you in securing a job in IT industry.
If you got admission into a reputed college in your locality, you might get recruited in your final year like B.Tech graduates. Else, you can attend off-campus recruitment drives conducted by many IT companies.
Note: Though most MNC companies prefer B.Tech/B.E graduates, you can try in other companies, get experience and then apply for MNC companies.
Third Way: With Short Term Courses
India is one of the top countries for IT sector. Many Tier-1 countries outsource their software work to India. So, every day many new start-ups are trying their luck in this field.
After completing 12th commerce, complete your graduation in any field. But, simultaneously do short term course in any language like Java, .Net or cloud computing etc…
Short term course + practice or training = you can secure a job in software company.
This way, you may not get placed in a MNC company at-once. But, after working for a couple of years in a small IT company you get immense knowledge about the subject with which you can apply for top software companies in India.
Also Read: How to Become a Cybersecurity Expert in India?
How to Become a Software Engineer After 12th Science?
If you didn’t skip above paragraph you might know how get into this career without Science. And to become a software engineer with Science (MPC) you must write an entrance test and then get admission into an engineering college.
You must have PCM in your 12th to proceed further as a software engineer.
After 12th PCM you must apply for engineering entrance exam test conducted by Central and State boards.
- Apply for JEE-Main, AIEEE or State board conducting engineering entrance exam.
- If you cleared the entrance with required percentage you’ll be eligible to get admission into top IIT colleges in India.
- Else, you’ve to choose colleges according to your percentage.
- I personally recommend you to write more than 2 entrance test (AIEE & State Board). This way you’ll secure a seat in any engineering college at Central or State level.
Also Read: How to Get Job in Google After 12th & 10th?
Qualification to become Software Engineer
Below are the qualifications which are required to become a software engineer:
- Candidates probably breezed through 10+12th or an identical assessment from a perceived board with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) as significant subjects.
- At least 55% imprints in 10+2 or identical are mandatory for seeking after B.Tech/B.E. in software engineering or confirmation courses in something very similar.
- For affirmation in M.Tech in Software Engineering, candidates should have a passing authentication of graduation level with a base total of half in the necessary field.
- A legitimate passing scorecard of any of the necessary placement tests is obligatory for confirmation in undergrad, recognition, postgraduate and doctoral projects.
How to Become Software Engineer after 12th Arts?
Same like Commerce students, Arts students must either do polytechnic and then engineering from a reputed college or join BCA, B.Sc IT or B.Com Computers course.
If you don’t want to waste 2 years of your intermediate, then opt for any degree graduation course and parallel short term course from reputed software training institute will be enough for you to get secured a software engineer job.
However, as mentioned above, you may not get placed in top MNC companies initially. But, don’t worry with right zeal you can apply for top IT companies after gaining experience.
Also Read: Why MBA After Engineering (B Tech)?
Skills and Responsibilities
Software engineer should have many skills and responsibilities required and here are some given below which is required to become software engineer:
- Commonplace everyday exercises and in-demand skill sets for software engineers might incorporate the accompanying:
- Software engineers dissect end-client requirements and foster software arrangements inside time and cost limitations.
- Software engineers are conversant in object-situated programming dialects like Java, C, C++, Perl, and Python.
- Software engineers program, test, investigate, screen, and archive changes to PC frameworks and applications.
- Specific software engineers, known as portable application designers, make applications for cell phones and tablets.
- Systems software engineers inspect departmental objectives and foster custom PC frameworks for associations.
- Systems software engineers create a corporate intranet to assist with smoothing out inter-departmental correspondence.
- Applications software engineers overhaul existing PC projects to refreshed stages with new details.
- Software engineers prescribe changes and upgrades to existing software systems and PC applications.
- Software engineers facilitate framework establishment and screen gear working to guarantee project specs are met.
- Software engineers are answerable for framework security and information affirmation across the frameworks that they’re creating.
Software Engineering Specialization and Short term Courses
Specialization and short term courses are generally useful assuming that you need to do software work significantly quicker. In case you are a twelfth pass student who needs to go into the software field and can’t do any sort of long haul courses which are referenced above then it very well may be an answer for you.
By doing these specialization courses you can be ready to find a new line of work in the particular field that you have done. In this manner you can go into the software field and your desire to become a software engineer after the twelfth will be satisfied.
You should do these courses loaded with your devotion and practice well regarding the matter. As you come from a non-specialized field so you must make projects and in light of your activities you can find a new line of work in the software organization.
Salary of a Software Engineer
The salary matters a great deal to our general public. Salary range and the demand in the software work drives numerous students to the software field.
We know in any field experience matters and salary likewise relies upon the experience. However, in the field of software experience matters a ton contrasted with some other fields. As you acquire your experience the salary will increment step by step.
The normal salary of a fresher software engineer in India is around 1.2 to 3 lakh for every annum. Again it shifts from one organization to another. An accomplished software engineer’s salary might go up to 15 to 20 lakh for every annum. Now and again, it can go past that.
These are the potential ways you can follow to become a software engineer after 12th Commerce, Arts and Science. If it’s not too much trouble, really hit the books to find a new line of work because an authentication can’t assist you with finding a new line of work. Just your insight can give you a task.
Follow any of the previously mentioned ways to become a software engineer. I hope that this article has helped you to discover your question on to become a software engineer after the 12th.