LIC ( Life Insurance Corporation of India ) has started in the year 1956 and is a collective of 245 Insurance companies in India and is the largest insurance company. It has been serving Indians from last 64 years with utmost trust. LIC has given a lot varied Insurance policies catering the customer needs and their priorities. It offers all education, health and life insurances and many more.
The barge of policies that are offered by the LIC and their details can be checked from home or office with just a click and reduces the waiting time in long queues, so today in this article we will understand both methods of checking LIC Policy status when we are registered and when we aren’t registered.
How Can You Check Policy Status without Registration?
Checking Policy without registration is easy we can do it by using simple SMS method,
#1 You can send a SMS to 56767877 and can be checked through this number.
Now let’s understand various Types of Enquiry?
- To know about Installment Premium – Type ASKLIC<Policy number> PREMIUM and send to 56767877.
- To know about bonus amount – Type ASKLIC<Policy number> Bonus and send to 56767877.
- To enquire about revival amount – Type ASKLIC<Policy number> REVIVAL and send to 56767877.
- To check the amount of loan – Type ASKLIC<Policy number> LOAN and send SMS to same number.
- To check status of nomination details – Type ASKLIC<Policy number> NOM send to 56767877.
- To know about IPP policy status – Type ASKLIC<Policy number>STAT send to 56767877.
- To check the existence certificate due – Type ASKLIC<Policy number>ECDUE and send to same number.
- To get to last annuity release date – Type ASKLIC<Policy Number>ANNPD and send SMS to the number.
- To enquire about the annuity amount – Type ASKLIC<Policy Number>AMOUNT and send SMS.
- To avail cheque return information – Type ASKLIC<Policy Number>CHQRET and send SMS from your Mobile number.
To know more description about the types of enquiry mentioned above you can go and find them on Policybazaar.com.
SMS is the best method to check the policy status of various types of enquiry. The important thing is to send only through your mobile number which is registered with certain Policy, and that is the best practice.
#2 The LIC Policy Status can also be checked through a Toll Free number provided by the LIC Head quarters which is +91 022 6827 6827 and you can call to this number and get updates.
LIC Policy can also be checked on the company website
- The Home page gives you 2 Options New user or Registered User
- You can proceed to registered user and fill up the credentials
- Once Logged in the service account you can see a tab Policy status, you can see all the policies that are registered under your name and can also add policies just by clicking Enroll Policy, in LIC e-services tool section.
- The details of the policy will be shown like name, date, total amount, total premium and all the details.
Instructions to Check LIC Policy Status:
- Policy number
- Instalment Premium
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- E-mail ID
These are the few inputs that are compulsory while you want to know the policy status of your policies.
Now as we know how to check policy status without registration and also know to check policy status when registered as well.
The above given method can be opted when your registered and if you haven’t registered yet let’s see that process of registration.
Every LIC Policy User can register them on the LIC Website directly.
All the new users can use Username and password of their interest and complete the Registration Form Online completely and can be registered,
- The username should Alpha numeric with characters.
- The Password should be a 8 to 30 digit strong password.
- The Pin-code should be 6 digits.
- You should also mention your E-mail ID for further communication.
- The password and user-id chosen should be unique and repetitive one.
After completion of this you will have to confirm it through the Email verification.
And the next option that pops out is ENROL POLICY.
For this step you should complete the details given on the form which asks the data regarding your LIC Policy, Policy Number, and name of life insurer.
And as you’re registered with the above username and password you can login any number of times. Registration is very important that helps the authorities to check every detail of you and then it becomes convenient even for the user to change and update any information in future.
The user can also download of the Registration form after completion for the Future reference.
The LIC gives you opportunity to check your details after the successful registration. The user can provide the Policy number and the premium amount. A mail would be generated and sent if there are any errors found and a reminder mail is sent to check the details, when errors were found and the corrections are not made and if they aren’t rectified then the policy will be deleted on the 5th day.
After successful registration all users can view all the details pertaining to his/her Policy like status, revival, loan availability, Premium due, maturity period and many more.
Also Read: Netflix Yearly Subscription Price in India?
LIC has always been a customer centered organization and improves itself constantly with customer feedback; you can always give feedback to the company and also ask your queries.
LIC Policy Status App:
Checking your policy status is prime important, as you have to keep the track of your installment paid and the maturity period, And also the Installments not paid for few months eventually will lapse your policy and make it more useless. So keeping check on your policy is much important.
And if you haven’t done in recent times use the above given information and try to check them and be aware of your maturity period and due installments.