Infosys has been known for being one of the top recruiters in India in the field of Information Technology for a few decades now. There are many who dream of getting a job and working with Infosys.
If you are also one among them, just relax! You are at the right place now.
Let us discuss how to get a job at Infosys after B.Tech in the rest of our article.
Well, the basic requirement to be able to work with Infosys after completing B.Tech would be :
- A minimum aggregate of 60% in 10+2/diploma
- A minimum aggregate of 65% in BTech(in any discipline such as ECE,CSE,EEE,IS,IT,Civil, ME, Aeronautical etc.) or a CGPA of 6.5 from Engineering Colleges under any of the recognized Universities in India.
How Can I Apply for a job at Infosys after B.Tech?
We have enlisted some of the few ways in which you will be able to apply for a job at Infosys after B.Tech:
- The best option would be through on-campus recruitment drives conducted in colleges. Infosys hires quite a large number of employees from on-campus drives every year. Make sure you don’t miss them. Be prepared for the interviews in advance and start applying when they are announced.
- Infosys has also launched a digital platform known as InfyTQ for imparting industry standard technical and professional skills to students to help them be industry ready by the time they graduate. It is a free platform which all the third and fourth year students can benefit from.
Once you complete this certification program with flying colors, you will have higher
chances of finding a job at the company.
- You could prepare for eLitmus, AMCAT or Cocubes exams and qualify them with competitive scores. If you have a high score in any of these exams, the company may consider you eligible for the interviews and may invite you to appear for one.
- You could apply directly on the company website through the careers section that suits your profile. The recruitment team will soon get in touch with you if they feel your profile perfectly suits the job role in the company.
- You could take the help of any of your friends or acquaintances who are already working at Infosys to refer you for a role you are suited for in the company.
- You could apply through any of the job portals such as Naukri.com, Monster.com, Indeed.com, LinkedIn etc in order to find a suitable role at the company. Whenever there is an opening for the role you have applied for, if your profile is impressive, you will be called for an interview by the company recruitment team.
So choose your opportunities wisely!
There are 3 stages in the recruitment process at Infosys. Now let us learn how to get a job in Infosys after BTech by learning about the different stages of the recruitment process at Infosys.
The 3 different stages of the recruitment process include :
- Aptitude Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Now let us learn in detail about how the interview process is conducted at Infosys in each of these 3 stages.
Also Read: How to Get Job in Google After 12th & 10th?
Aptitude Test :
This stage consists of 3 sections.
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning.
- Quantitative Aptitude.
- Verbal Ability.
There is a cut-off score in each section. Only if you have achieved the cut-off score within the time duration provided in each section, you will be called for the further rounds of interview at Infosys.
If you clear the Aptitude Test, it is like you have cleared 90% of the overall interview process at Infosys. In other words, it is assumed that if you are capable of solving some of the moderate to difficult questions within a given time duration, you are quick at analysis and problem solving.
Logical and Analytical Reasoning section in the Aptitude Test consists of questions on visual reasoning, syllogism, data interpretation, data sufficiency etc.
You will be given 35 minutes to answer 15 questions.
Quantitative ability section consists of questions on analytical puzzles, permutations and combinations, number series, algebra and questions on time, speed and distance traveled etc.
This section will have 10 questions to be answered in 25 minutes. Speed of analyzing and submitting answers sharply and quickly becomes very important in each of these sections as there are a good number of questions to be answered in less time. So, it is advisable to have a good practice of solving these questions prior to applying for the interview process at Infosys.
The Verbal Ability section involves testing your English vocabulary skills. You will be very familiar with this section as we have answered similar questions at our school level examinations. This section may include, synonyms, antonyms, paragraph completion, questions on comprehension, sentence correction or identifying grammatical mistakes in a sentence etc.
In this section you will be expected to answer 40 questions in 35 minutes.
So totally, the first round of the interview consists of 65 questions to be answered within 95 minutes.
It is advisable to attend all the questions in the aptitude test of Infosys as there is no negative marking on any question. So, be prepared. Have good practice of solving all these questions on mock tests available online before you start applying for the company.
Once you have cleared the Aptitude Test at Infosys you will qualify for the next 2 rounds of the interview. You will soon receive a call for the same if you have taken the online test.
If you have taken the test from your on-campus placement drive in your college or any other placement drives in other colleges, they may shortlist you for the next 2 rounds immediately.
There are several ways in which you can apply for and qualify the Infosys interview, about which we have discussed in our previous section.
Now let us discuss the next 2 rounds of the interview that you may get shortlisted to at Infosys.
Also Read: How to Become Government Teacher?
The Technical Round :
In this round, you will be asked questions revolving around the information you have provided in your CV.
So, you will need to carefully create your CV, such that it has only the correct information about your education, additional skills acquired, programming languages you have learnt and proficient with, projects or any voluntary activities if any etc.
You can expect a few questions in coding, data structures, algorithms, operating systems etc in this round.
You should be proficient with at least one programming language and that should be mentioned in your CV.
You will also be asked questions about your project work and your voluntary activities you have mentioned in your CV. You can expect questions about your roles and contribution to your project work or any other voluntary activities.
They may assess your leadership skills and how self-motivated and proactive you are at various activities you have taken part in. In other words, they will learn how well you can manage your responsibilities and reach your goals.
The HR Round :
In thisround you may expect questions about your hobbies in your leisure time, your background etc. They may also narrate you a situation and ask you how you would respond in such a situation. In this round, they will assess you on how efficient you are in problem solving in real time situations.
So be well prepared on how to answer the questions in this round as well.
Some of the questions may include:
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell me about your strengths.
- Tell me about your weaknesses.
- Tell me how you can work on your weaknesses and stay motivated.
- How will you be able to handle the stress?
- What do you know about our company?
- Why did you choose Infosys?
- How can you contribute to our company?
- Why should we hire you?
- What makes you stand out when compared to the other job seekers applying for the company?
and so on.
In fact, you will also be given a chance to ask questions to the interviewer.
It may go like “Do you have any questions for me?”
Now it is advisable to ask some questions about the company rather than just saying “no” and returning back. It shows how curious you are to learn and know about the company you want to work with. So, you can ask some questions about the company such as the company’s work culture, the company’s progress in the last quarter etc.
The questions may not be the same. So, be well prepared for the HR Interview as they assess how well suited you are for the role they are offering in their company.
- The candidate should have a BE/BTech degree in any of disciplines such as ECE, CS, EEE, IT, IS, ME, CIVIL, Aeronautical etc.
- Candidates with M.Sc degree in Computer Science/Information Technology can apply.
- MCA graduates are also eligible.
- The candidate should have a minimum aggregate of 60% in 10+2 or equivalent.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 65 % aggregate or a CGPA of 6.5 in the graduation exams.
- The candidate is not supposed to have any pending backlogs during the time of the selection process at Infosys.
- The candidate should have had only 2 years of gap in his/her education.
Documents needed :
- Original marks sheets of 10+2/diploma and graduation.
- Recent passport size photos.
- 1 or 2 copies of updated resume.
- Valid original photo address proof such as voter ID, PAN Card, Aadhar Card etc.
As per some of the discussion forums, the company takes approximately 1.5 – 2 weeks to declare your interview result.
Yes, the company has a cooling period of 9 months. If a candidate’s application for a job is rejected at the company or if the candidate was unable to clear the interview, the candidate will have to wait for 9 months to re-apply at Infosys. He/she will be ineligible to apply within the 9 months of being rejected by the company.
If at all the candidate couldn’t attend the interview process on time, he/she will be eligible to re-apply again and attend the interview.
If the candidate was not able to clear the interview, he/she will have to wait for the cooling period(9 months) and then apply again.
Training at infosys is termed as one of the world’s best training. Training provided here has a great importance and it is valued by all the tech companies around the world.
They provide industry standard practical training to make you industry ready by grooming you in technical, professional and soft skills as well.
Approximately the training period here lasts for 4 months.
Yes, as a fresher, working at Infosys is the best choice you will ever make. The company has the world’s best training curriculum and once you complete the training and update it on your resume, your resume is bound to have a lot of weightage in terms of your knowledge and experience in professional skills, technical skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills etc to help you get placed in your dream job in your future too.
So, don’t be late in applying for a job at Infosys. Start now!